BMH EMERGENCY MEDICINE DEPARTMENT
The passion at Department of Emergency Medicine at BMH is to create the future of emergency care. Our vision is an emergency care system that engages our patients and the entire health care system to provide solutions to the growing need and complexity of emergency medical care. We pursue this passion through advanced clinical practice, cutting edge research, innovative education, and service to the health system, community, and our global partners.
Motivated by the BMH ideology ‘ committed to care’ the Emergency Medicine Department supports various prestigious medical and surgical departments led by eminent Physicians and Surgeons. The MEM residency programme in collaboration with George Washington University (GWU) aims to offer cutting edge knowledge and capability to young medical graduates aspiring a career in Emergency Medicine
- To provide the best possible care for each and every patient.
- To be a center for innovation and excellence in emergency medicine
- To create an educational environment that promotes compassionate care and academic excellence.
- To be a national leader for innovation in emergency preparedness.
- To serve as ultimate medical safety net for our community.
The Department of Emergency Medicine at BMH is dedicated to improving outcomes of acutely ill and injured patients through high quality, cost efficient care, education, and research.
- We have a walk-in- Clinic, resuscitation area, urgent priority, emergent priority and observation area.
- The 20 bedded emergency department is supervised by two full time faculty and ably supported by various supporting departments.
- The MEM residents work along with the faculty to manage the patients.
- The ED is fully equipped with Cardiac Monitors, Defibrillators with crash carts, infusion pumps and BIPAP machines.
- Bedside Ultrasound machine is available and is being utilized more frequently. Th X-ray department is in close proximity.
- The in-house CT and MRI machines provides invaluable information to treat patients.
- We have round the clock cover for all major medical and surgical specialities.
- with trained nursing staff the resuscitation of sick patients are done according to the ACLS and ATLS protocols.
- The support staffs working in the emergency department are all trained in Basic Resuscitation Skills
Mobile ICU-WE have 2 BLS & 2 ALS ambulances manned by trained staff. The emergency medicine resident is given adequate exposure in the transfer and transport of patients from the field and between hospitals
Download Application Form