BMH EMERGENCY MEDICINE DEPARTMENT
The passion at Department of Emergency Medicine at BMH is to create the future of emergency care. Our vision is an emergency care system that engages our patients and the entire health care system to provide solutions to the growing need and complexity of emergency medical care. We pursue this passion through advanced clinical practice, cutting edge research, innovative education, and service to the health system, community, and our global partners.
Motivated by the BMH ideology ' committed to care' the Emergency Medicine Department supports various prestigious medical and surgical departments led by eminent Physicians and Surgeons. The MEM residency programme in collaboration with George Washington University (GWU) aims to offer cutting edge knowledge and capability to young medical graduates aspiring a career in Emergency Medicine
- To provide the best possible care for each and every patient.
- To be a center for innovation and excellence in emergency medicine
- To create an educational environment that promotes compassionate care and academic excellence.
- To be a national leader for innovation in emergency preparedness.
- To serve as ultimate medical safety net for our community.
The Department of Emergency Medicine at BMH is dedicated to improving outcomes of acutely ill and injured patients through high quality, cost efficient care, education, and research.
Mobile ICU-WE have 4 ALS & 1 Bike ambulances handled by trained staff. The emergency medicine resident is given adequate exposure in the transfer and transport of patients from the field and between hospitals
- 4 State-of-the-art Mobile ICUs, with trained emergency physicians and paramedics for excellent pre hospital care
- 22 bedded fully equipped emergency department with prioritised care
- 4 bedded ultra-modern resuscitation bay
- Point of care Ultra Sonography
- Specialised toxicology and snake bite treatment centre with Poison Information Unit
- Decontamination room for toxicology
- Emergency operation theatre
- Negative pressure isolation room
- Internationally approved post-graduation training centre for Emergency Medicine under George Washington University (USA) with intake of 10 residents per year
Panel of doctors
Dr.FabithMoideen, FEM, MEM (GWU)
Chief, Emergency Medicine Department
Dr.FarhanYasi, MD (Accident & Critical Care Medicine), MEM (SEMI)
Deputy Chief, Emergency Medicine Department