We provide the most advanced and innovative treatment techniques and concentrate on creating the right environment for renal patients. Our treatment extends to all kinds of kidney problems like diabetic nephropathy, chronic kidney failure, urinary tract neoplasm, renal parenchymal diseases, polycystic kidney diseases and several other inherited diseases. Once our nephrologists identify that the patient requires specialised tests after the initial assessment, they would refer them for appropriate diagnostic tests including urine and blood tests, kidney biopsy, ultrasonography and so on.
The 14‐bedded dialysis unit with sophisticated Haemodialysis machines and monitoring equipments run 24/7 to ensure optimal care to patients. In order to avoid infections and difficulties we have separate dialysis units for HBsAg& HCV positive patients. The dialysis unit inside the ICU makes it more convenient to critically ill patients. The hospital houses the best treatment possibilities for patients undergoing Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT), Continuous Veno‐Venous Hemofiltration (CVVH), and a temporary treatment for patients suffering from acute renal failure and Continuous Arteriovenous Haemodialysis (CAVH) for managing acute renal failure. Apart from diagnosis and treatment, we advise diet and lifestyle changes for effective and speedy recovery. Nephrologists play active role in providing post transplant care to patients after the transplant.
Panel of Doctors
Prof. Thomas Mathew is well-learned and highly experienced Senior Consultant in Nephrology. His efforts in the development of Nephrology department in the Govt. Medical College Services, the original works done in various fields of Tropical Nephrology, the meticulous clinical judgement, the outstanding contributions in patient care, medical education and innovations in the methodology of Haemodialysis, peritoneal Dialysis and CAPD were recognized by the Kerala State Govt. and he was awarded 'Good Service Entry' as well as 'The Best Doctor Award' of Kerala State in 1996 and the' Lifetime Achievement Award' by the Association of Physicians of India, Kerala Chapter in 2008.
- MBBS (1968) Calicut Medical College, Kerala, securing First class in all the subjects and was awarded Gold Medals in Pathology, Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- MD (General Medicine) 1972 - Trivandrum Medical College, Kerala State.
- DM (Nephrology) 1974 - from the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh.
- Training in Dialysis and Transplantation at the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, under Prof. K.5. Chugh and Prof. B.K. Sharma for 2 years.
- F.I.S.N.- Fellowship of the Indian Society of Nephrology awarded in 1984-85 for the outstanding contribution to Nephrology in India.
- FRCP - (G) 2009 - Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
- Tutor in Medicine, Medical College, Calicut, Kerala State from 1970 April to 1972 July.
- Registrar in Nephrology, PGIMER, Chandigarh, from July 1972 to June 1974.
- Tutor in Medicine, Medical College, Calicut, from July 1974 to March 1975.
- Assistant Professor & Chief of Nephrology, Medical College, Calicut from March 1975 to October 1981.
- Associate Professor & Chief of Nephrology, Medical College, Calicut from October 1981 to September 1989.
- Professor & Head of Nephrology, Calicut Medical College from October 1989 to December 1997.
- Member, National Board of Specialities.
- Chairman, Board of Studies (P.G), University of Calicut,1992 - 95.
- Dean, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calicut,1993 - 95.
- Superintendent, Medical College Hospital, Calicut, from November 1995 to February 1997.
- Chairman, Authorization Committee for Renal Transplantation of Kerala State, 1995 to December 1997.
- Senior Consultant Nephrologist, Baby Memorial Hospital, Calicut from February 1998 onwards.
- Patron, Cadaver Transplant Programme, Kerala State, 1999 onwards.
- Renal histological and functional changes in Hansen's Disease.
- Serum Haptoglobins in various renal disease.
- Haematuria in children.
- Serum uric acid and Hypertension in Pregnancy.
- Primary glomerular disease in Malabar, South India.
- Renal change in Filariasis
- Renal changes in lithium therapy.
- Renal changes in Pulmonary Tuberculosis.
- Renal changes in snake bite poisoning leading to papillary necrosis medullary necrosis. Adrenal Haemorrhage etc.
- Echocardiographic changes in Chronic renal failure.
- Tongue changes in Chronic renal disease.
- Acute renal failure in adults.
- Glomerular changes in Leptospirosis (Weil's disease) and ARDS in Weil's disease.
- Renal tubular function in post transplant patients.
- Carbohydrate intolerance in uraemia.
More than 100 papers in various journals.
Text books: Co-author and contributed chapters in:
- 'Textbook of Medicine' (Association of Physicians of India) - Edited by Siddharth N.Shah,Published by API 7th Edition - 2003 and 8th Edition - 2008.
- 'Textbook of Medicine' (Edited by Prof. K.V. Krishna Das, MRCP,FAMS) published by Jaypee - Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd. - 4th Edition - 2002 and 5th Edition - 2008.
- 'Asian Nephrology '(Edited by Chugh K.S,MD,FRCP,FAMS), Published by Oxford university press 1994.
- 'Essentials of Nephrology and Urology' (Edited by R. Kasi Visweswaran) Published by B.L.
- Churchill Livingstone, (P). Ltd. First Edition - 1994 and Second Edition - 2008.
- 'Renal Diseases - Prevention and management (The Association of Physician of India and Indian College of Physicians) - Edited by OP. Kalra, Published by Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd. 2008.
- Gold Medal for the best student in Pathology, Calicut Medical College, 1965.
- Gold Medal for the best student in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Calicut Medical College, 1967.
- Gold Medal for the best student in Medicine, Calicut Medical College, 1967.
- Gold Medal for presenting the best paper at the Annual Conference of the Obstetrics and Gynaecology Society of India, Kerala Branch, 1977.
- Gold Medal and 'Khuller Oration' of the Indian Society of Nephrology delivered at Hyderabad, January, 1984.
- Gold Medal and 'Sam G.P. Mosses Oration' of the Diabetic Association of India (Southern Chapter), 1987 for the work done in Diabetic Nephropathy.
- 'Vocational Service Award' by the Rotary Club of Calicut, 1991.
- Gold Medal and 'Annual Oration' - Alumni Association of Calicut Medical College, 1991.
- 'Academic Excellence' Award for 1995 from the PGI Alumni Association, Chandigarh.
- 'Best Doctor' award (Medical Education Department) of Kerala State, 1996.
- 'The Distinguished Professorship Award', from the Institute of Kidney disease and Research Institute of Renal Transplantation, Ahmedabad, 1996.
- 'Dr. P.A. Alexander Memorial Oration Award' of IMA (Indian Medical Association) Academy of Medical Specialities, Kerala State, 1999.
- 'Lifetime Achievement award' for the Association of Physician of India, Kerala Chapter,2008.
- 'Prof. J.C.M Shastry Oration Award' of the Indian Society of Nephrology December 2009.
- 'Scribner Award' of the southern chapter of ISN for the Pioneer work in Dialysis and transplantation in Kerala State presented by the Former President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam February 2010.
- First orator of 'Prof. M.S. Amaresan Endowment Oration' of Madras Medical College, Chennai, 2010.
- 'Manava Seva Award - 2011' of the Mar Thoma Syrian Church of Malabar, for the outstanding contributions to the society
- ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ by Madras Kidney Trust and Hypertension Research Foundation – June 2015.
- ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ by Tamilnadu Kidney Research Foundation – January 2016.
|Mon||10:30 am -1:00 pm|
|Tue||10:30 am -1:00 pm|
|Wed||10:30 am -1:00 pm|
|Thu||10:30 am -1:00 pm|
|Fri||10:30 am -1:00 pm|
Dr. Sunil George is a Senior Consultant in Nephrology with many years of experience in treating patients of all ages with kidney diseases. His area of special interest is critical care nephrology and renal transplantation. He has many achievements to his credit, including first related cadaver transplant in Kerala, first mobile dialysis unit in North Kerala and first Paediatric CAPD (Peritoneal Dialysis) in North Kerala.
MD in General medicine and DM in Nephrology from CMC Vellore in the year 1999.
Working in Baby Memorial Hospital from 1999.
- KMCC, Dubai, C.H. Award 2011 (December)
- Best Doctor Award (Y’s Men Club) 2011
- Kerala Chamber Kidney Specialist Award 2012 (May)
- Riyadh KMCC Excellence Award 2012 (July)
- 1st Related CADAVER Transplant in Kerala
- 1st Mobile Dialysis Unit in North Kerala
- 1st Paediatric CAPD (Peritoneal Dialysis) in North Kerala
- Paediatric Renal Transplant since 2012
- Secretary, Calicut Nephrology Club 2001 to 2010
- Associate Professor in Nephrology
|Mon||9:00 am - 2:00 pm|
|Tue||9:00 am - 2:00 pm|
|Wed||9:00 am - 2:00 pm|
|Fri||9:00 am - 2:00 pm|
|Sat||9:00 am - 2:00 pm (Excluding 2nd Sat)|
Dr. Jayameena is a consultant Nephrologist with more than 6 years of experience in treating patients of all ages with renal diseases and her areas of special interest are critical care nephrology and renal transplantation.
- MBBS- Calicut university (Govt. Calicut Medical College) 1996-2001.
- MD (General medicine) - Dr. MGR Tamilnadu medical university (Stanley Medical College, Chennai) 2003-2006.
- DM (Nephrology) – Mahatma Gandhi University (Kottayam Medical College, Kottayam) 2007-2010.
- Senior Lecturer In Nephrology, Kottayam Medical College from 2010 to 2011 .
- Senior Lecturer In Nephrology, Alappuzha Medical College from 2011 to 2012.
- Consultant Nephrologist, PVS Hospital, Kozhikode from 2012 to 2016 .
- Our experience with slow continuous therapies in leptospirosis with AKI – NAKCON 2009.
- A Case of post-transplant anaemia- NAKCON 2009 (best paper award).
- First prize in quiz NAKCON 2008.
- Second prize in quiz ISNSC 2010.
|Mon||10:30 am - 4:00 pm|
|Wed||10:30 am - 4:00 pm|
|Thu||10:30 am - 4:00 pm|
|Fri||10:30 am - 4:00 pm|
|Sat||10:30 am - 4:00 pm|
Services & Facilities
- 14 bedded Dialysis Unit with Ultra-modern Haemodialysis machines and monitoring systems working round-the-clock
- Modern Reverse Osmosis Plant
- Separate Dialysis machines and isolation rooms for HBsAg & HCV positive patients
- Facilities for CRRT, CVVH, CAVH and CAVHD are also available for the critically ill patients with multi-organ failure
- In addition, all ICUs in this hospital have facilities to dialyse critically ill patients without shifting them to the main Dialysis unit
- All facilities to investigate diagnose and treat any type of kidney disease in adults and children
- Regular Haemo Dialysis round-the-clock
- Plasmapheresis and Peritoneal Dialysis
- CAPD training programme for patients and their caregivers
- Percutaneous Renal Biopsy under Ultra Sound guidance
- Renal Histopathology and Immunofluorescence studies
- Preparation and follow up of Renal Transplant patients in two stage Transplant ICU
- Training for Dialysis Technician course under the Director of Medical Education, Trivandrum