Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
We have the best, safe and modern facilities that cater to international standards of care and treatment, in order to enhance the appearance of people. The centre is proverbial best in technology to perform effective minimally invasive cosmetic procedures. The medical expertise of our surgeon coupled with technological grip ensures personalised treatment for all. Our line of cosmetic surgeries include rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery, breast reduction, breast lift, tummy tuck, hair transplant, laser resurfacing, laser hair removal, liposuction etc.
Patients who experience traumatic injuries and conditions that caused disfigurement and pain are provided with specialised care and are suggested treatment regime that improves their recovery. The highly qualified, competent team of surgeons perform hand surgery and other reconstructive surgeries to improve quality of life of patients. To provide specialised care for major burns, the department runs a specialised 8 bed Burns Unit. The smile train program provided at the department offers 100% free cleft repair surgery and comprehensive cleft care to children. Post Graduate courses for doctors under the National Board of Exams were established in 2013.
Panel of Doctors
Dr. John is the Sr. Consultant and Chief of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at BMH. He is a renowned plastic surgeon with more than 26 years of experience in premier medical college and hospitals in India. He has extensive experience in Facial Plastic surgery, Aesthetic surgery, Head & Neck surgery and Burn Care. He has many publications to his credit.
- Head & Sr. Consultant – Aster MIMS, Calicut.
- Associate Professor – P. S. G. Institute of Medical Sciences, Coimbatore.
- Consultant – Kovai Medical Centre, Coimbatore.
- Consultant – C. M. C., Vellore.
- He has publication on the use of biological membranes in Burns and in skin diseases.
|Mon||09:00 am - 03:00 pm|
|Tue||09:00 am - 03:00 pm|
|Wed||09:00 am - 03:00 pm|
|Thu||09:00 am - 03:00 pm|
Dr. Hafiz is a Senior Consultant Plastic Surgeon with 12 years of experience in India and overseas. He is an expert in Reconstructive surgeries, Aesthetic Surgeries, Diabetic foot surgery, Burn wound management, Trauma and Onco – reconstruction. He is an active member of various Medical Associations across India.
- MBBS – Government Medical College, Calicut - 1994.
- MS (General Surgery ) – Government Medical College, Calicut – 1999.
- FRCS – Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburg, UK – 2002.
- MCh (Plastic Surgery) – Government Medical College, Calicut - 2004.
- Fellowship in Reconstructive Microsurgery – Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi – 2009.
- Sr. Consultant – Aster MIMS, Calicut – Sept 2005 to Nov 2016.
- Senior Resident –Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad – Jan 2005 to Aug 2005.
- Registrar – MIMS, Calicut – Aug 2001 to Dec 2001.
- General Surgeon – Chest Hospital, Calicut – April 2001 to July 2001.
- Lecturer – Government Medical College, Calicut – April 2000 to April 2001.
- General Surgeon – Chest Hospital, Calicut – May 1999 to April 2000.
- Lecturer – Government Medical College, Calicut – Feb 1999 to April 1999.
- Resident Medical Officer – Chest Hospital, Calicut – June 1994 to Aug 1995.
|Mon||10:00 am - 03:00 pm|
|Wed||10:00 am - 03:00 pm|
|Sat||10:00 am - 02:00 pm|
Dr. Kader is an expert Plastic and Micro vascular surgeon well trained and experienced from premier medical colleges and hospitals in India and Middle East. His areas of interest are in Cosmetic and Hand surgery. He is an expert in Reconstructive Microsurgery, Aesthetic surgery, Reconstruction of Head and Neck and the extremities.
- MBBS – Government Medical College, Calicut- 1992.
- MS (General Surgery) – Government Medical College, Kottayam- 2001.
- MCh (Plastic Surgery) – Government Medical College, Calicut - 2006.
- Consultant- Cutis Institute of Medicine & Surgery Pvt Ltd, Calicut - Nov 2015 to Nov 2016.
- Specialist – Hamad Medical Corporation, Doha – Feb 2012 to Oct 2015.
- Associate Professor – Government Medical College, Calicut – June 2003 to May 2012.
|Mon||09:00 am - 02:00 pm|
|Wed||09:00 am - 02:00 pm|
|Sat||09:00 am - 02:00 pm|
Dr. Chandra Bose is an expert having more than 11 years of experience in the field of Plastic and Micro vascular surgery. He has extensive experience in Reconstructive Micro vascular surgery, Aesthetic Plastic surgery, Trauma surgery, Burn wound management, Hand and Faciomaxillary surgery. He was awarded as University topper in the year 2005, for M. Ch – Plastic Surgery examination.
- MBBS – Government Medical College, Calicut - 1996.
- MS (General Surgery) – Government Medical College, Kottayam - 2001.
- DNB (General Surgery) – National Board of Examinations, 2001.
- MCh (Plastic Surgery ) - St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore – 2005.
- DNB (Plastic Surgery ) - National Board of Examinations, Bangalore - 2006.
- Fellowship in Reconstructive Micro vascular Surgery from E-Da Hospital / I – Shou University Taiwan - 2008.
- Sr. Consultant – Aster MIMS, Calicut – 2010 to 2016.
- Sr. Specialist – Lakeshore Hospital, Kochi – May 2008 to Feb 2010 .
- Assistant Professor – St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore – Sept 2006 to Mar 2007.
- Lecturer – St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore – Nov 2005 to Sept 2006.
- University topper in the year 2005, for M. Ch – Plastic Surgery examination.
- Best Paper “Electrical burns-A ten year perspective.” Surgical society of Bangalore A. S. I. C. C. 18/08/2004.
- Best quizzer – 3rd Annual South Zone Conference of Plastic Surgeons -2004.
|Tue||09:00 am - 03:00 pm|
|Thu||09:00 am - 03:00 pm|
|Fri||09:00 am - 03:00 pm|
Services & Facilities
- Micro Vascular & Vascular surgeries of Upper and Lower Limb – Emergency - Post Traumatic & Elective Vascular Procedures
- Free Flaps – Post Traumatic for Limbs, Post Cancer for Head & Neck etc.
- Upper Limb Surgery, all Elective and Emergency Procedures
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Burns Management
- Cleft Lip and Palate – Malabar Centre for Smile Train
- Skin Cancers
- Head and Neck Surgery - Face & Oral Cavity Malignancies
- Lower Limb Trauma
- Facial Trauma
- Neural Injuries- Nerve Injuries including Brachial Plexus
- Breast reconstruction
- Congenital Deformities of the Hand other structures
- Thoracic wall reconstruction due to Sternotomy, Wound Dehiscence
- Miscellaneous: Parotid Tumours, Lymphedema, Pressure Sores, Facial Palsy, Vascular Malformations and Upper and Lower Limb Sarcomas etc.