Radio Diagnosis and Imaging
The department of Radio Diagnosis and Imaging at BMH provides round-the-clock service using wide range of radio-imaging techniques. The team of radiologists and imaging technologists at BMH perform diagnosis such as MRI, CT Scan, interventional radiography and mammography with the utmost care and accuracy. We have the most modern, state-of-the-art equipment such as 3D & 4D ultrasound machines, 64 slice multidetector CT, 1.5 Tesla MRI, Digital x-rays, etc.
The advanced MRI system with fully loaded software is capable of performing vast spectrum of imaging studies in high quality. We have dedicated protocols for Stroke Imaging, Epilepsy Imaging, Tumor Imaging with Diffusion, Perfusion, Spectroscopy, Metastatic work up, Musculoskeletal and Pelvic Imaging. A dedicated Breast Imaging Coil is available for screening of high risk patients for breast cancer and work up of suspicious lesions in breast. The CT supports advanced applications like CT Angiography, perfusion imaging, Cardiac Imaging and CT Coronary Angiography. The PACS system at BMH permits archiving and easy retrieval of patients’ imaging results, saving them the trouble of carrying their imaging films during hospital visits. The department conducts a DNB residency programme that is recognised by the National Board of Examinations.
Panel of Doctors
Radio Diagnosis & Imaging
Dr. Kesavan has about 30 years of teaching and clinical experience in Govt.Medical Colleges of the state and also about 15 years teaching and clinical experience in various private medical colleges. He was former Professor and HOD of Trivandrum Medical College. He was also a postgraduate examiner in Radiology in Kerala University, Madras University and Madurai Kamaraj University.
- MBBS1970Kerala University
- MD(Radiodiagnosis)-1976-Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
Have been guiding post graduates in Radiology for their thesis work. Have also been co- guide for Internal Medicine and Pediatric post graduates.
Some of the subjects are listed below.
- Transvaginal sonography in Peri and postmenopausal bleeding.
- Ultrasonographic evaluation of scrotal lesions.
- CT scan imaging findings in sellar and suprasellar masses.
- A comparative study between the ratio of PI values of middle cerebral and umbilical artery V/S umbilical artery S/D ratio in prediction of fetal outcome.
Have presented many scientific papers in the state and national conferences of Radiology, Internal Medicine, Nephrology, Critical Care and Pediatrics.
Have contributed a chapter on Imaging studies in "Clinical Medicine ( A textbook of Clinical Methods and Laboratory Investigations) Editor in chief: Prof. K. V. Krishnadas.
Dr. Ajith Kumar M.G is a Senior Consultant at Radio diagnosis and Imaging department of Baby Memorial Hospital and has an exemplary record of service at various hospitals. He is also a full time member in European Society of Radiology.
DMRD, DNB (Radiology)
Experience of more than 18 years in various hospitals.
- Paper was published in North Pacific Asian Journal of Radiology (2012/13)
Dr. Harish Babu is a senior consultant at Radio Diagnosis department with special interest in cardiovascular and abdominal imaging. Having trained and worked in different hospitals, Dr. Harish brings in years of experience and knowledge with him.
- Panakkal BJ, Rajesh GN, Parakkal HB, Subramaniam G, Vellani H, Sajeev CG. Bilateral variant origin of subclavian artery branches. BJR Case Rep 2016; 2: 20150429.
- Nazim Sangram, Madhujith. P, Della Harigovind , Harish Babu, Sunil Nair, Shalabh Sharma. Intracochlear Schwannoma: A Rare Lesion. BMH Med. J. 2016;3(1):19-22.
- Joseph, Harish Narayanan, Jacob Varghese, Harish Babu, A Praveen. Imaging features of a rare case of scapula iliac dysostosis (Kosenow syndrome) in an ambulatory child. SA Journal of Radiology. 2011; 15:6-7.
- Subhash Raveendran, Harish Babu SP, Arun Kumar ML, Iyoob VA, Bonny Natesh. Adrenal Adenoma-Hemangioma: A Unique Collision Tumor. World J Endocrine Surg. 2011; 3(3):125-127.
- J Joseph, H Narayanan, H Babu, A Praveen. Tuberculosis of the Prostate and Seminal Vesicles. J HK Coll Radiol. 2010; 13: 40-2.
- J Joseph, H Narayanan, H Babu, A Praveen. The Focal Hepatic ‘Hot Spot’ Sign of Superior Vena Cava Obstruction in Contrast-enhanced Computed Tomography. J HK Coll Radiol. 2010; 13: 26-8.
- Haque F, Abbas SZ, Pandey H, Babu H, Wahab S. Calcified bronchocele. Indian J Radiol Imaging. 2006; 16: 123-5.
- Haque F, SPH Babu, Ahamed S, Ahmad I, Abbas SZ. Pleomorphic adenoma of nasal septum. Indian J Radiol Imaging. 2005; 15: 311-3.
- Haque F, SPB Harish, Ahmad I, Qamar A, Pandey H. Adrenal myelolipoma: A case report. Indian J Radiol Imaging. 2004; 14: 301-2.
Dr. Della Harigovind is a senior radiologist at Baby Memorial Hospital with focus on women’s imaging and has academic interest.
Worked as Assistant Professor from 2000 to 2008 in the Medical Education Department at Govt. Medical College Hospital, Calicut. Worked as Radiologist from October 1999 to August 2000 at RHRWs Imaging Centre. Now working as Senior Consultant at Baby Memorial Hospital. Also has a teaching experience of more than 10 years.
- Ultrasound diagnosis of Malignant Rhabdoid Tumor of Kidney - IJKI – 1999.
- Leiomyoma of Trachea Presenting as Bronchial Asthma – PULMON – 2001 Vol.3.
- Intrathoracic reticulosarcoma – Ultrasound Industrial 2003.
Dr. Sunil is an expert Radiologist trained in both conventional and advanced cross sectional imaging, His fields of special interest include neuro and musculoskeletal imaging.
Experience of 3 1⁄2 years at Nirmala Hospital Calicut.
A radiologist with over 3 years of experience, in both diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology procedures. Dr Sudhin has undergone training from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. Having a special interest in musculoskeletal and gastrointestinal imaging, he has taken part in training and teaching of post graduate students while working as a senior resident in the department of Radio Diagnosis at AIIMS. He believes that interdisciplinary work approach to radiology always delivers high quality patient–centric diagnostic and treatment services.
- MBBS – Government Medical College, Calicut (2007).
- MD (Radio diagnosis) - All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (2012).
- Consultant Radiologist at Your Center, Medical Diagnostic Imaging Center, Kozhikode from February 2016 to June 2016.
- Senior Residency in Department of Radiology: All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) from 2014- 2016.
- Post MBBS rural service under National Rural Health Mission from 2009-2010.
- Sudhin S., Vinit Baliyan Ajay K., Atin Kumar : Post Tracheostomy Carotid – Tracheal Fistula. INDIAN JOURNAL OF OTOLARYNGOLOGY AND HEAD & NECK SURGERY DECEMBER 2014 DOI: 10.1007/12070-014-0813-4
- Vinit Baliyan, Sudhin Shylendran, K Yadav Ajay, Atin Kumar, Shivanand Gamanagatti, Sumit Sinha, Unusual cord transaction in a patient with traumatic spondylolisthesis. ASIAN JOURNAL OF NEUROSURGERY DOI: 10.4103/1793-5482.165803
- MD thesis project on “Diffusion weighted MR evaluation of Vertebral Lesions”
Dr. Milind is a radiologist with expertise in both conventional and advanced radiological imaging. His fields of special interest includes gastrointestinal, fetal and transplant imaging.
- MBBS – Jubilee Mission Medical College & Research Institute, Thrissur (2013)
- MD (Radiodiagnosis) - Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi (2017)
- Consultant Radiologist – Balku’s Scan Centre, Calicut (May 2017 – Aug 2017)
- Medical Officer – Institute of Mental Health & Neurosciences (IMHANS), Calicut (Sept 2013 – March 2014)
- Validity of MRI in local staging of carcinoma tongue by comparison with surgical and histopathological staging – THESIS submitted to Amrita University for the degree of MD Radiodiagnosis in Nov 2016.
- Milind K. Validity of MRI in local staging of carcinoma tongue by comparison with surgical and histopathological staging, Poster presented at ESHNR 2016, Netherlands.
- Milind K. Fetal MRI - A better tool for understanding fetal anomalies. Poster presentation, 34th Annual Conference of Kerala State Chapter, March 2016, Kannur. (Third prize).
- Balakumar K, Misha K, Milind K. Increased fetal endocardial echogenicity mimicking endocardial fibroelastosis following maternal organophosphorus poisoning and its complete regression in-utero. Indian J Radiol Imaging 2013;23(3):262-265.
- Balakumar K, Misha K, Milind K. Fetal gastric pseudomass at 30 weeks of gestation and its regression after 17 days of birth. Indian J Radiol Imaging 2014;24(2);160-162.
- Balakumar K, Milind K, Misha K. Fetal echopsy (ultrasonographic autopsy) of an acardius myelancephalus and its correlation with antenatal ultrasonographic findings. Indian J Radiol Imaging 2015 Nov;25(4):471-473.
Services & Facilities
- Need To be Reviewed