Emergencies and disasters happen without warning, and treatment cannot wait. The doctors, paramedics and nurses in the Emergency Department of BMH swing into action to provide prompt and swift medical attention to contain the injuries, stabilise traumatized patients and save lives. We have multi-bedded ultra-modern resuscitation bay with dedicated team of experts specialised in trauma care, external cardiac massage and artificial respiration. The 24-bedded fully equipped Emergency department of BMH is well prepared to handle all kind of emergencies and disasters.
BMH’s full-fledged mobile ICUs, with trained emergency physicians and paramedics, provide vital pre-hospital care while transporting critically ill or injured patients with threat to life. The emergency medicine physicians have adequate exposure in the transfer and transport of patients from the field and between hospitals. The Department of Emergency Medicine is dedicated to improving outcomes of acutely ill and injured patients through high-quality, cost-efficient care, education, and research. The department is an internationally approved post-graduation training centre for Emergency Medicine under George Washington University (USA) and intakes 10 residents per year.
Panel of Doctors
Dr. Fabith Moideen is the Chief and Consultant of Emergency Medicine at Baby Memorial Hospital. He and his team have saved the lives of many patients by providing comprehensive emergency care. He is also Faculty for Post graduate Masters Program in Emergency Medicine. His areas of special interest are Toxicology and Sonography in ER - Diagnostic and Therapeutic.
- Specialized in Emergency Ultrasound
- Founder & Secretary “SONO STETH INSIGHT(SSI) Ultrasound courses.
- Program director for MEM (Masters In Emergency Medicine) program
- Medical director for National Games 2015 for calicut city.
- Medical director for 61stSchool Nationals Athletics Championship
- Medical director for Nagajee International Football Tournament 2016
- Faculty for Ultrasound course under ACCP(American college of chest physician ) at AIIMS PULMOCRIT – 2016
- Faculty for Advance level Echocardiography course for GAMET 2016
- Faculty for Winfocus Basic level 1 provider (USLS) at GAMET 2015
- Faculty for Winfocus Basic level 1 provider (USLS) at Max Hospital Delhi during EMCON 12.
- Training in Emergency Medicine at Ronald Regan Institute of Emergency Medicine of George Washington University, U.S.A.
- Trained in Level 2 Advanced Ultrasound from Christian Medical College, Vellore,India.
- Trained in Level 2 Ultrasound Under Win Focus Ultrasonography.
- Trained in Basic Echocardiography under Win Focus Ultrasonography.
- Trained in Acute traumatic wound care management at George Washington University Hospital, Washington D.C
- To correlate the initial cardiac rhythm and survival from prehospital cardiac arrest, as a secondary end-point.
- "EchoCardiograpy Training Program for International EM Physicians: A Teaching Method for Interpretation of LVEF"
Dr. Rahul is an Emergency Physician with excellent academic background and is also involved in teaching and research activities.
- MBBS – Government Medical College, Calicut (2011).
- MD – Emergency Medicine – Academy Of Medical Sciences, Pariyaram (2016).
- PG Resident – Pariyaram Medical College, Kannur (July 2013 – July 2016)
- Resident – MIMS, Calicut (June 2013- July 2013)
- Medical Officer – DM WIMS, Wayanad (October 2012- May 2013 )
- Medical Officer – Taluk Hospital, Wayanad (March 2012- September 2012)
Dr. Arpith Easo Samuel is the Consultant & Deputy Chief of Emergency Medicine at BMH. His areas of interest are point of care Ultrasound, Disaster Medicine and Pre-hospital care. He is a faculty in Emergency Management trainings and coordinates EMS activities. He is also a certified BLS/ACLS instructor.
- MBBS –Cochin Cooperative Medical College , 2004- 2010.
- MEM - State University of New York, Upstate , NY , 2012- 2015.
- MRCEM - The Royal College Of Emergency Medicine, UK (2016).
- Emergency Physician & Coordinator, KIMS Multispecialty Hospital, Kollam - July 2016 to October 2017(involved in setting up the Emergency Department).
- Resident - Emergency Medicine - 2012 to 2015 (Included 1 month training at a level 1 trauma centre in New York in 2014).
- Medical Officer - Kerala Institute of Medical Sciences - October 2010 to April 2011.
Dr. Rinoop is an Emergency Physician with excellent academic background. He belongs to the first batch M.D. (Emergency Medicine), JIPMER and is competent in managing Trauma and Medical emergencies.
- MBBS – Government Medical College, Calicut (2012)
- MD (Emergency Medicine) – Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry (2017)
- Junior Resident - Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry (2014-2017)
- Assistant Surgeon – E. K. Nayanar Memorial Government W & C Hospital, Kannur ( Dec 2013 – April 2014)
- Resident Doctor – DM –WIMS, Wayanad (Jan 2013 – April 2013)
Dr. Muneer is an Emergency Physician, who belongs to the first batch DNB (Emergency Medicine), National Board of Examinations. His areas of special interests are in Trauma management & Paediatric emergencies.
- MBBS – Government Medical College, Calicut (2013)
- DNB (Emergency Medicine) – National Board of Examinations (2017)
- Jr. Resident – DM Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences, Wayanad (2013 – 2014)
Dr. Ajay is an Emergency Physician, who has undergone trainings in Trauma Management, Resuscitation of adults and paediatric patients. His areas of special interests are in Toxicology and Snake Bite
- MBBS – China Three Gorges University, China (2010)
- MEM (GWU-USA) – Baby Memorial Hospital, Calicut (2017)
- Junior Resident – Dr. SMCSI Medical College and Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram (Jan 2013 – May 2013)
- Casuality Medical Officer – Gandhi Smaraka Hospital, Venganoor (Jan 2012 – Oct 2012)
Services & Facilities
- Mobile ICU- We have four ALS & 1 Bike ambulances handled by trained staff. The emergency medicine resident is given adequate exposure in the transfer and transport of patients from the field and between hospitals
- 4 State-of-the-art Mobile ICUs, with trained emergency physicians and paramedics for excellent pre hospital care
- 22 bedded fully equipped emergency department with prioritised care
- 4 bedded ultra-modern resuscitation bay
- Point of care Ultrasonography
- Specialised toxicology and snake bite treatment centre with Poison Information Unit
- Decontamination room for toxicology
- Emergency operation theatre
- Negative pressure isolation room
- Internationally approved post-graduation training centre for Emergency Medicine under George Washington University (USA) with intake of 10 residents per year